MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES
2017 NASCAR Calendar
Camping World 400
Chicagoland Speedway – Joliet, Illinois
Sunday, June 30, 2019
Race Winner: Alex Bowman
Team: No. 88 – Axalta Chevrolet
Owner: Hendrick Motorsports
Crew Chief: Greg Ives
IN THE WORDS OF THE WINNER – “I’m pretty speechless. I feel like I kind of just want to get home and enjoy it with my friends. It’s something that– that’s all I’ve wanted my whole life, and now that we won one race, I don’t really know what to do with myself a little bit…I don’t come from a racing family, I don’t have a big resume. I kind of went from running the back every week to doing this, and still not really sure how that all happened, but it’s been a heck of a ride.”
– Alex Bowman
- Alex Bowman won the 19th annual Camping World 400 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) race at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday. It was Bowman’s first career victory in 134 MENCS starts.
- Kyle Larson finished second and Joey Logano came in third. It was Larson’s second consecutive runner-up finish at Chicagoland. For Logano, it was his third top-10 in the last four races.
- Bowman’s Hendrick Motorsports teammates, Jimmie Johnson (4th), William Byron (8th) and Chase Elliott (11th), all finished inside the top-12 for the second time this season. Bowman, Johnson and Byron also all led multiple laps during the race on Sunday.
- With Bowman’s win on Sunday and Elliott’s victory at Talladega earlier this season, Hendrick Motorsports now joins Team Penske and Joe Gibbs Racing as the only teams with multiple wins this season. The three teams have combined to win all 17 races this year.
- With wins to their credit this season Bowman, Kyle Busch, Elliott, Denny Hamlin, Brad Keselowski, Logano and Martin Truex Jr. have clinched a spot in the 2019 MENCS playoffs, which culminates with the Ford EcoBoost 400 championship race on Sunday, November 17 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES
- Cole Custer won the 19th annual Camping World 300 NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Chicagoland Speedway on Saturday afternoon. It was Custer’s sixth win in 86 career NXS starts and his series-leading fourth victory this season.
- Joey Logano came in second and Michael Annett finished third. Logano also won Stage 2 and led 20 laps. For Annett, it was his sixth consecutive top-10 finish this season.
- With wins to their credit this season, Annett, Christopher Bell, Custer and Tyler Reddick are the only drivers to have clinched a spot in the NXS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 300 championship race on Saturday, November 16 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR GANDER OUTDOORS TRUCK SERIES
- Reigning NASCAR Gander Outdoor Truck Series (NGOTS) champion Brett Moffitt won the 11th annual Camping World 225 NGOTS race at Chicagoland Speedway Friday night. For Moffitt, it was his ninth career NGOTS win in 48 starts and his second victory this season.
- Brandon Jones and Stewart Friesen rounded out the top-3. It was Jones’ second top-5 in three NGOTS starts this season. For Friesen, it was his fourth top-5 in the last five races.
- With victories to their credit this season, Austin Hill, Johnny Sauter and Moffitt are the only drivers to have secured a spot in the NGOTS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 200 championship race on Friday, November 15 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.