2017 NASCAR Calendar
MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES
Coke Zero Sugar 400
Daytona International Speedway – Daytona Beach, Florida
Sunday, July 7, 2019
Race Winner: Justin Haley
Team: No. 77 – Fraternal Order of Eagles Chevrolet
Owner: Spire Motorsports
Crew Chief: Peter Sospenzo
IN THE WORDS OF THE WINNER – “It’s absolutely a blessing. It’s pretty incredible that I have so many great people around me that have given me this opportunity to come to this level and the stage that we’re performing on. I never even saw myself running a Cup race until I got a call a few months ago to do Talladega, and it’s just unreal. I don’t know how to feel.”
– Justin Haley
- Justin Haley won the 61st annual Coke Zero Sugar 400 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) race at Daytona International Speedway on Sunday afternoon. It was Haley’s first career win in 3 MENCS starts.
- With his victory on Sunday, the 20-year-old Haley became the third youngest driver to ever win a MENCS race. His win also marked the first ever win for Spire Motorsports, who are competing in their first MENCS season.
- Hendrick Motorsports teammates William Byron and Jimmie Johnson finished second and third, respectively. The runner-up finish marked Byron’s highest career finish at Daytona International Speedway. For Johnson, it was his second consecutive top-5 this season.
- Ty Dillon and Ryan Newman rounded out the top-5. For Dillon, it was his first career top-5 finish.
- Austin Dillon (46) and Joey Logano (40) led the most laps on the day. Logano won Stage 1 while Dillon won Stage 2.
- With wins to their credit this season Alex Bowman, Kyle Busch, Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, Brad Keselowski, Logano and Martin Truex Jr. have clinched a spot in the 2019 MENCS playoffs, which culminates with the Ford EcoBoost 400 championship race on Sunday, November 17 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES
- Ross Chastain, a native of Alva on Florida’s west coast, won the 18th annual Circle K Firecraker 250 NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) race on Friday night at Daytona International Speedway. It was Chastain’s second career NXS win in 154 career starts.
- Chastain’s victory also marks the first win for Kaulig Racing. Prior to Chastain’s win on Friday night, Kaulig Racing had never finished better than 4th in their 115 race history.
- Chastain’s Kaulig Racing teammate, Justin Haley, finished second and Christopher Bell came in third. It was Haley’s fifth top-10 in the last six races. For Bell, it was his third consecutive top-10 at Daytona International Speedway.
- With wins to their credit this season, Michael Annett, Bell, Cole Custer and Tyler Reddick are the only drivers to have clinched a spot in the NXS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 300 championship race on Saturday, November 16 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR GANDER OUTDOORS TRUCK SERIES
- The NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series was off this weekend and will return to action on Thursday, July 11 at Kentucky Speedway.
- With victories to their credit this season, Austin Hill, Johnny Sauter and Moffitt are the only drivers to have secured a spot in the NGOTS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 200 championship race on Friday, November 15 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.