MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES
Foxwoods Resort Casino 301
New Hampshire Motor Speedway – Loudon, New Hampshire
Sunday, July 22, 2019
Race Winner: Kevin Harvick
Team: No. 4 – Busch Beer/National Forest Foundation Ford
Owner: Stewart-Haas Racing
Crew Chief: Rodney Childers
IN THE WORDS OF THE WINNER – “We had a good car all day, we just never could get track position and stayed out there, ran a lot of good laps. I didn’t want to see traffic there at the end. It really made my car tight, and he got to me. He tried to move me out of the way down there, and I knew that was coming as close as he was. So I just stood on the brakes and I’m like, half throttle down the back straightaway. I’m like, you’re not getting under me again, and he drove to the outside of me, and I waited until he got near me, and I just put a wheel on him.”
– Kevin Harvick
- Kevin Harvick won the 27th annual Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway Sunday afternoon. For Harvick, it was his first win this season and his 46th career victory in 666 MENCS starts.
- Denny Hamlin finished second and Erik Jones came in third. It was Hamlin’s ninth top-5 and 12th top-10 finish this season. For Jones, it was his second consecutive third-place this season and his fourth top-10 in the last five races.
- Ryan Blaney and Matt DiBenedetto rounded out the top-5. It was Blaney’s third consecutive top-10 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. For DiBenedetto, it was his second career top-5 finish, both of which have come this season.
- After Joe Gibbs Racing and Team Penske combined to win 15-of-16 races to begin the season, four different teams (Hendrick Motorsports, Spire Motorsports, Chip Ganassi Racing and Stewart-Haas Racing) have reached Victory Lane in the last four races, dating back to Chicagoland Speedway.
- With his victory on Sunday, Harvick now joins Alex Bowman, Kyle Busch, Chase Elliott, Hamlin, Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano and Martin Truex Jr. as the only drivers to have clinched a spot in the 2019 MENCS playoffs, which culminates with the Ford EcoBoost 400 championship race on Sunday, November 17 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES
- Christopher Bell won the 19th annual ROXOR 200 NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway Saturday afternoon. It was Bell’s 13th win in 59 career NXS starts.
- The victory was Bell’s fifth of the season, tying him with Cole Custer for the series lead. It also marked his second consecutive win at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
- Cole Custer finished second and Justin Allgaier came in third. It was Custer’s fifth top-2 finish in the last seven races and his 11th top-5 this year. For Allgaier, it was his third top-10 in the last four races at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
- With wins to their credit this season, Michael Annett, Bell, Custer and Tyler Reddick are the only drivers to have clinched a spot in the NXS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 300 championship race on Saturday, November 16 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR GANDER OUTDOORS TRUCK SERIES
- The NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series was off this weekend and will return to action at Pocono Raceway this weekend.
- With victories to their credit this season, Tyler Ankrum, Ross Chastain, Austin Hill, Johnny Sauter and Brett Moffitt are the only drivers to have secured a spot in the NGOTS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 200 championship race on Friday, November 15 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.