MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES
Big Machine Vodka 400
Indianapolis Motor Speedway – Indianapolis, Indiana
Sunday, September 8, 2019
Race Winner: Kevin Harvick
Team: No. 4 – Mobil 1 Ford
Owner: Stewart-Haas Racing
Crew Chief: Rodney Childers
IN THE WORDS OF THE WINNER – “I can’t tell you how much coming to Indianapolis means to me, as a kid I watched Rick Mears win Indy 500s and got to be around him as a kid, and he was my hero, so coming here and winning here is pretty awesome.”
– Kevin Harvick
- Kevin Harvick won the 26th annual Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) Big Machine Vodka 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. For Harvick, it was his 48th career win in 672 MENCS starts.
- Joey Logano finished second and Bubba Wallace came in third. It was Logano’s sixth top-10 in the last seven races at Indianapolis. For Wallace, it was his second career top-5 finish and his best since finishing second in the 2018 DAYTONA 500.
- William Byron and Clint Bowyer rounded out the top-5. It was Byron’s third top-5 and ninth top-10 finish this season. For Bowyer, it was his third consecutive top-10.
- Kyle Busch finished the year as the regular season champion for the second consecutive season.
- The following are the 16 drivers who qualified for the 2019 MENCS playoffs which start next week at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The playoffs culminate with the Ford EcoBoost 400 MENCS championship race at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday, November 17.
Name Pts. Name Pts.
- Kyle. Busch 2,045 9. Alex Bowman 2,005
- Denny Hamlin 2,030 10. Erik Jones 2,005
- Martin Truex Jr. 2,029 11. Kyle Larson 2,005
- Kevin Harvick 2,028 12. Ryan Blaney 2,004
- Joey Logano 2,028 13. William Byron 2,001
- Brad Keselowski 2,024 14. Aric Almirola 2,001
- Chase Elliott 2,008 15. Clint Bowyer 2,000
- Kurt Busch 2,005 16. Ryan Newman 2,000
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES
- Kyle Busch won the eighth annual Indiana 250 NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Saturday afternoon. For Busch, it was his 96th career win in 352 NXS starts.
- Justin Allagier finished second and Noah Gragson came in third. It was Allgaier’s ninth consecutive top-10 finish. For Gragson, it was his seventh top-5 and 16th top-10 finish this season.
- Jeb Burton finished in fourth place, tying his career-best finish in the Xfinity Series.
- With victories to their credit this season, Michael Annett, Chase Briscoe, Christopher Bell, Austin Cindric, Cole Custer and Tyler Reddick are the only drivers to have clinched a spot in the NXS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 300 championship race on Saturday, November 16 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR GANDER OUTDOORS TRUCK SERIES
- The NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) was off this weekend. The series will return to action Friday, September 13 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- With his victory at Bristol Motor Speedway, Moffitt has secured a spot in the NGOTS Round of 6. The NGOTS playoffs culminate with the Ford EcoBoost 200 NGOTS championship race at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Friday, November 15.