MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES
South Point 400
Las Vegas Motor Speedway – Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday, September 15, 2019
Race Winner: Martin Truex Jr.
Team: No. 19 – Bass Pro Shops Toyota
Owner: Joe Gibbs Racing
Crew Chief: Cole Pearn
IN THE WORDS OF THE WINNER – “It takes the pressure off, for sure. Biggest thing is just more Playoff points. Just next two weeks, we can try to get even more of those. That’s huge. I mean, any Playoff points you get are going to help you get to Homestead.”
– Martin Truex Jr.
- Martin Truex Jr. won the second annual Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. For Truex, it was his 24th career win in 504 MENCS starts, and his series-best fifth win this season.
- Kevin Harvick finished second while Brad Keselowski came in third. It was Harvick’s seventh top-10 in the last eight races. For Keselowski, it was ninth straight top-10 finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney rounded out the top-5. It was Elliott’s ninth top-5 and 12th top-10 this season. For Blaney, it was his third top-5 in the last four races at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Joey Logano (105) led the most laps and won Stage 1 while Truex captured Stage 2.
- With his victory, Truex became the first driver to clinch a spot in MENCS playoffs Round of 12. The playoffs culminate with the Ford EcoBoost 400 MENCS championship race at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday, November 17.
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES
- Tyler Reddick won the second annual NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Rhino Pro Truck Outfitters 300 on Saturday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It was Reddick’s eighth win in 77 career NXS starts.
- Christopher Bell finished second and Brandon Jones came in third. It was Bell’s third top-5 in four career starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. For Jones, it was his fourth top-5 and 13th top-10 this season.
- The following are the 12 drivers who qualified for the 2019 NXS playoffs which commence on Friday at Richmond Raceway. The playoffs culminate with the Ford EcoBoost 300 NXS championship race at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Saturday, November 16.
Name Pts. Name Pts.
- Christopher Bell 2,055 7. Michael Annett 2,009
- Cole Custer 2,044 8. Noah Gragson 2,005
- Tyler Reddick 2,044 9. Brandon Jones 2,004
- Austin Cindric 2,017 10. Justin Haley 2,003
- Chase Briscoe 2,012 11. Ryan Sieg 2,001
- Justin Allgaier 2,012 12. John Hunter Nemecheck 2,000
NASCAR GANDER OUTDOORS TRUCK SERIES
- Austin Hill won the 23rd annual NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) World of Westgate 200 race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It was his third career win in 70 NGOTS starts. All three of his wins have come this season.
- Ross Chastain, a native of Alva on Florida’s west coast, finished second and led a race-high 88 laps. Chastain also won both Stage 1 and Stage 2.
- The following driver have advance to the NGOTS playoffs Round of 6. The NGOTS playoffs culminate with the Ford EcoBoost 200 NGOTS championship race at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Friday, November 15.
Name Pts. Name Pts.
- Brett Moffitt 3,034 4. Stewart Friesen 3,014
- Austin Hill 3,017 5. Matt Crafton 3,011
- Ross Chastain 3,016 6. Tyler Ankrum 3,005