Welcome to the 2020 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. This year has delivered many extraordinary challenges for us all, and we are grateful to have rescheduled this event and now host the NTT INDYCAR SERIES season finale for the very first time. Thank you for your continued patience and the support that you have granted us over these past few months as we’ve navigated the COVID-19 pandemic.
The unwavering support of this event by our world-class partners, led by our title sponsor Firestone, make the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg a growing, highly-anticipated event, year after year. We would not be back racing on the streets of St. Petersburg this fall without their commitment.
We are thrilled the Road to Indy Presented by Cooper Tires joins us again with doubleheaders in Indy Pro 2000 and Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship, crowning their season champions and awarding the winners each a scholarship for the 2021 season. Many notable NTT INDYCAR SERIES athletes have made their way through the Road to Indy ranks. The newest generation of drivers are about to follow in their footsteps. Also joining the schedule is the always entertaining sports car action from Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich, and the IMSA sanctioned Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA by Yokohama. That’s a full weekend of races to enjoy!
For the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg to be a safe and enjoyable environment this weekend, we ask for you to do your part in making it a great experience. We are extremely grateful to Mayor Rick Kriseman and the St. Petersburg City Council for allowing us the opportunity to host a limited number of spectators.
Taking guidance from our local government and health officials, please read some of the important COVID-19 protocols and policies to adhere to this weekend:
- Before coming to the Firestone Grand Prix, please self-check for COVID-19 symptoms prior to joining us at the track each day. If you are sick, please stay home. Please review protocols and policies as well as use the Self-Assessment at gpstpete.com/COVID19
- Facial coverings/masks will be mandatory for all spectators, and must be worn at all times, except while you are eating and drinking.
- Attendees will be asked health assessment questions and have their temperature checked before being granted entry to the event. Anyone registering a temperature scan over 100.4F will not be allowed to enter.
- Attendees are required to observe social distancing at all times while on the #FirestoneGP grounds, and must observe and obey all signage, marked distancing protocols and direction from event staff and security.
- For further questions, please read through the FAQ page at gpstpete.com/COVID19faq.
Of course this weekend would not be possible without the support of over 500 volunteers. Their hard work and dedication each year make this event run smoothly.
Again, we greatly appreciate you, our loyal St. Pete race fans, for your cooperation to follow the necessary guidelines throughout the weekend. Let’s do our part together to slow the spread of COVID-19. It’s going to be an exciting weekend of racing as it culminates with the crowning of the 2020 NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champion here in downtown St. Petersburg.
See you at the green flag!